You’ve all been told by a theist how you cannot have morality without God and the rules in the Bible. I vehemently disagree with that ridiculous claim.
The key to morality is empathy, education, experiences and compassion.
Here I will list what I think is needed to be a moral, upstanding citizen. And note that the first 4 aren’t stroking anyone’s ego. Yes, God, I’m talking about you!
• Thou shall educate yourself, ignorance is no excuse.
• Thou shall value humanity as a whole, and preserve the welfare of other sentient life.
• Thou shall demand evidence and refrain from faith.
• Thou shall not harm anyone, physical or mentally.
• Thou shall use empathy at all times.
• Thou shall not force irrational beliefs onto others.
• Thou shall demand a secular society.
• Thou shall respect choice and individuality.
• Thou shall not hate what thou doesn’t understand.
• Thou should not be a dick.